Bryce discusses why ‘lazy’ creators are the ones that produce work that matters, why being busy can be bad for your business, and comedian Mike Birbiglia’s tips for succeeding (as a freelancer and as a person).
In this episode, Bryce addresses:
- The labor illusion: when it comes to judging other people’s work, we want to feel they wore themselves out for us – not necessarily if the job was done quickly or well.
- The time that really matters to creators
- Why nobody spends more than four or five hours on their primary creative tasks
- The difference between deep work and shallow busy work.
- What defines a day well spent
- Comedian Mike Birbiglia’s 6 Tips for Making it Small:
- Don’t wait
- Learn from failure
- Maybe quit
- Aim for small successes
- Cleverness is overrated and heart is underrated
Questions? Episode ideas?