Sign in to follow this  
Foxy346

Custom Reticles

Foxy346

I was thinking that maybe we could have some custom reticles and colours added in with the next update, maybe a Pirate Perfection logo one, or an ACTUAL holographic sight reticle (which i would love), as well as a lot more colours to choose from. Just a suggestion, as the forum name implies!

Davy Jones

I was thinking that maybe we could have some custom reticles and colours added in with the next update, maybe a Pirate Perfection logo one, or an ACTUAL holographic sight reticle (which i would love), as well as a lot more colours to choose from. Just a suggestion, as the forum name implies!

Well, this could be done, however, it probably wouldn't appear as part of the trainer, but an optional download, as it requires you to replace one of the existing reticles due to them all being textures withing the game (yes, every color is its own textures).  It would have to be a "mod_override" mod instead of through the use of code.

Foxy346

Well, this could be done, however, it probably wouldn't appear as part of the trainer, but an optional download, as it requires you to replace one of the existing reticles due to them all being textures withing the game (yes, every color is its own textures).  It would have to be a "mod_override" mod instead of through the use of code.

Ahh, that makes sense. Are you sure we can't add in and code new reticles? If this is the case, we'd just have them replace useless ones like starbreeze and liongamelion lol.

Davy Jones

Yes, I'm sure.  There could be a way to add more reticles, and also color variants, however, if you ever uninstalled PP or it was temporarily bugged by a game update, your game could become unplayable or you could accidentally reset your save, as the game won't know how to handle these extra numbers.  You may also have a hard time adding NEW textures, as the texture doesn't already exist to be replaced, but that I'm unsure of.

• Upvote 1