Sign in to follow this  
Stalkers 0
Alys

Fbi files update

7 posts in this topic

and other players can look at yours and see how big a cheater you are :P i personaly am concerned about it but hox hud had a similar feature that went so far as to look at your perk points and see if there were to many aswell

Edited by V45H

and other players can look at yours and see how big a cheater you are :P i personaly am concerned about it but hox hud had a similar feature that went so far as to look at your perk points and see if there were to many aswell

If you have private profile you are safe from checking stats

The FBI Files is no different than PD2Stats, except the FBI Files does a bit more math to get certain percentages, and recalls a few more numbers for certain things, otherwise, they're identical.  Mysteria is also right, the system is once again beaten by a Friends Only or Private Steam profile, and if you've been using PP for quite some time, it will simply look like you've played the game in Steam Offline mode quite a lot.

After reading a bit more of the updates, I'd like to mock Overkill's intelligence again, as I usually do...

As you know, they changed the inventory from a bunch of rows to a bunch of pages, for each of the masks and weapons, well, this is what defines the masks, and is the same for weapons:

local min_amount_masks = 72
self.MASK_ROWS_PER_PAGE = 4
self.MASK_COLUMNS_PER_PAGE = 4
self.MAX_MASK_PAGES = math.ceil(min_amount_masks / (self.MASK_ROWS_PER_PAGE * self.MASK_COLUMNS_PER_PAGE))
self.MAX_MASK_SLOTS = self.MAX_MASK_PAGES * self.MASK_ROWS_PER_PAGE * self.MASK_COLUMNS_PER_PAGE

Now I know why it would be set up like this, they can easily just change the 'min_amount_masks', 'MASK_ROWS_PER_PAGE', and 'MASK_COLUMNS_PER_PAGE' values to increase the amount of items in the inventory, however, they've created unnecessary work that just bulks the "ease" they were trying to implement.  Maybe it's just me, but 'min_amount_masks' is pointless, they have to increase the number enough to influence 'MAX_MASK_PAGES', because it will always equal 5 from rounding unless 'min_amount_masks' is greater or equal to 80.  And logically speaking, why would you do this in the first place?  Why not define the rows (check), the columns (check), and then the pages (nope), as that's ultimately what the math does anyway.  Overkill requires the game to do math... when the answer is already written on the sheet.

After reading a bit more of the updates, I'd like to mock Overkill's intelligence again, as I usually do...

As you know, they changed the inventory from a bunch of rows to a bunch of pages, for each of the masks and weapons, well, this is what defines the masks, and is the same for weapons:

self.MAX_MASK_PAGES = math.ceil(min_amount_masks / (self.MASK_ROWS_PER_PAGE * self.MASK_COLUMNS_PER_PAGE))
self.MAX_MASK_SLOTS = self.MAX_MASK_PAGES * self.MASK_ROWS_PER_PAGE * self.MASK_COLUMNS_PER_PAGE

Now I know why it would be set up like this, they can easily just change the 'min_amount_masks', 'MASK_ROWS_PER_PAGE', and 'MASK_COLUMNS_PER_PAGE' values to increase the amount of items in the inventory, however, they've created unnecessary work that just bulks the "ease" they were trying to implement.  Maybe it's just me, but 'min_amount_masks' is pointless, they have to increase the number enough to influence 'MAX_MASK_PAGES', because it will always equal 5 from rounding unless 'min_amount_masks' is greater or equal to 80.  And logically speaking, why would you do this in the first place?  Why not define the rows (check), the columns (check), and then the pages (nope), as that's ultimately what the math does anyway.  Overkill requires the game to do math... when the answer is already written on the sheet.

Interesting, also i hate math.

FBI files update is like a PD2stats in the game, so if you are a vigilent cheater (or a cheater for fun like me), it's not that big of a problem.

Sur 28/09/2015 at 03:49 , Davy Jones said:

XD So much logic