Sign in to follow this  
Ducky

Best Game You Ever Pirated?

Ducky

Well gentlemen, let's face it, we've all found alternative way of acquiring a game in some way or another.

I don't know about you, but some games I see, I never plan on playing. And yet sometimes, you just have that nagging feeling in the back of your head that you really want to try it, so you go and "acquire" it from your source of choice and WHAT DO YOU KNOW! IT TURNS OUT THE GAME WAS PRETTY GOOD!

I want to know what game you never planned on "buying" you pirated and found out it was actually pretty good.

I'll go ahead and start off the list with an actually IRONIC game:

Some backstory: I LOVED AC 1,2, and Brotherhood. However after Revelations and 3 left the taste of pure boredom and crap in my mouth, I didn't think I'd bother with the series again. Eventually a friend of mine and I were talking about it and I decided to check it out, but I REFUSED to spend my hard earned money on a possible disappointment. Lo and behold, I found myself LOVING the game

PirateCaptain

I'll post the obvious one then hehehe

Started as a pd2 pirate but loved the game so much i had to own it.

Please login or register to see this link.

minecraft.jpg

in the early beta i got the .exe from a friend and with playing offline it was possible to use, even via lan with friends^^

just a few month later i decided it should supported and bought it :cute:

Rank/Stark

I find that all the games I have pirated I have bought, mainly because I have researched and thought hmmm yea Ill try that then hot damn im sold. I think thats the best reason as to why I donated to this site.

:thumbsup:

Best game I've ever pirated... That's hard to say, considering that most of my pirated games just end up being on the sidelines, never played after a few times I've played them...

I guess the best few that I still end up playing (DLC pirating not included, otherwise "TESIV: Oblivion" would hands down win (despite being legit for the expansion and game itself), considering I constantly go back to it after "breaks" (computers ****ing up, to be precise)) would be pretty minimal. So in no order, some of the more favourite ones that I've done, that have either just been side-lined for some other year's one time play or play a few times each few months;

• BloodRayne/BloodRayne 2
  • Mount & Blade: Warband (Don't mind With Fire & Steel, just don't like the changes and it puts me off, sadly to say) (Planning to buy M&B:Wb.)
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Raven Shield (May the author (Tom Clancy) who wrote the books that inspired a lot of the TC's games; Rest In Peace)
  • FATE I thru III (and with that; Torchlight (screw the sequal to Tl though, brought it and it just flat out sucked for me >.>)) (Planning to buy Tl some day, just haven't done yet sadly and considering I can't find copies of FATE I thru III to buy again as backups (Digital not included), garh...)
  • Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Original) (Already brought this on the Xbox 360, got it "pirated" by some dude who was passing it around at school and it turned out to be the Mac port, which is epic like the original Most Wanted)
  • X2 (Which I brought later) and X3 Terran Conflict (which I also plan to buy at a later date)
  • Postal 1, Postal 2, Postal 2: Share the Pain (Just had MP in it, unlike Postal 2) and Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend (pirated them all, brought the Fudge Pack (which included those games, plus the mods; A Week In Paradise and Eternal Damnation) and legitly brought Postal 2: Complete ASAP on Steam (the irony that I didn't pirate the epicness first, lol)
  • Stay tuned for the extra games on the list that'll get my end budget of "damage" done to the devs of these games.

After all, I tend to pirate them as 'trials' and if I like the hell out of them, buy them, hell I've even brought a few that weren't pirate-able or pirated because I liked the original or which ever one in the series considerable. (GeneForge and other Spider Web games would be prime example of both of them, plus fully legit in the end.)

"Piracy is evil", is my arse-end.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this