Sign in to follow this  
Stalkers 0
DrCryptix

Lego Mod [Getting Started / Basics]

1 post in this topic

Lego Mod

! NOTICE ! I will update this tutorial as I learn more stuff to do with lego mod ! NOTICE !

So I haven't seen any tutorials on the use of the Lego Mod for PiratePerfection so I am going to cover the basics and how to get started building your own maps

Getting Started / Basics:

To start off you are going to want to load up any job map you want to edit, for this tutorial it will be a Jewlery Store

Once you are in game you want to Press F2 and select Lego Mod

Please login or register to see this link.

Once in the lego mod menu you are going to want to create a new config file, this will be used to load the changes you made whenever you load your job. To do this you want to click create new file

Once in create new file you will be presented with a text box type the desired name of your file here and then hit ENTER

Now that we have our new file we are almost ready to start map editing, but now we have to select a new file. When you click Choose file it will alt tab your game don't worry just tab back in and click the file you just made

Once you selected your file its name will appear at the top of the main lego menu and now we are ready to start building, to begin with our building click into the spawn props menu

Once in this menu you will be presented with a bunch of props with different names. Some names are hard to understand what they are so I recommend you play around with them for a bit to get used to them, but for tutorial purposes lets say I want to spawn a computer monitor

Once you find a prop you would like to use Right Click it and it will bring up a menu asking if you would like to bind it to your key or add to favorites for easy access later. I recommend if testing to bind to key but its really up to you

Once you have the prop bound to your key (if you added it to favorites go to favorites menu and right click) you are ready to spawn. Most props spawn relative to how you are looking, this is the part that takes the most time getting used to. I usually set aside a place outside of the map im building to test props before using them in my map. But once you are ready to place press 6 (default key) to spawn the prop where you are looking

Now you know how to set up the file, pick your props and place them now to wrap up I will cover saving this awesome creation for later use. Once you spawned all your props in you want to open the Lego Mod menu and click SAVE this will write all the changes to the name.lua file.

When you then host that job in the future you can choose your file as covered above and then hit Load File which will spawn in all the props you made previously.

I hope this tutorial has helped you get the basics of Lego Mod and I am eager to see what cool maps everyone builds. Come and join the Lego Modz coop Please login or register to see this link.  and share your creations

Adding Custom Maps:

Grab one of the custom maps from the coop (currently only my map ;-;)

then add the file to the lego folder located at

736570b8c5bafeaeb6b034a5282a7fe9.png

Then load the heist that the file is for and click Load File button and BOOM you are playing someone else's map, you can also share your map via the same method just use the file in the lego folder that corresponds with the map you want to share.

Changing Keys

To change your current lego mod key bindings you want to navigate to your PP config

08ce7eb0c5153d5707b122abb3a664d6.png

located at PAYDAY 2 > trainer >config.lua

In the config file you will find a section labeled lego here you can change all the key configs to your hearts desire

9a0bd374f92609f2e9baa41b9282f809.png

Now save your file and launch payday 2.

~Have Fun and Happy Heisting

If this tutorial helped you a like and a comment would be greatly appreciated <3 Cryptix (a.k.a ll_viper_ll)