PirateCaptain

SAM - Steam Achievement Manager v6.3

PirateCaptain

Please login or register to see this link.

Supported Games

This tool can support any game that has achievements  on Steam, even if it is not listed directly in the dropdown box. Simply type its ID into the editable dropdown box text and refresh.
The list of games with achievements or stats is currently being sourced from Please login or register to see this link. . (thanks!)

Now version 6.3 (hotfix)!

What's new? Please login or register to see this link.

Instructions

Please login or register to see this link. if you do not already have it installed.
Extract it to a directory that is convenient to you, but not your Steam directory. It's a ZIP file, if you don't know how to extract a ZIP file then you probably shouldn't be trying to use this tool.
Run Steam if it is not already running.
Exit any active VAC protected games if any are running. While this tool does not directly interact with any game itself, it is better safe than sorry.
Run SAM.Picker.exe and do whatever you want in it.

Frequently Asked Questions

SERVERSIDE ACHIEVEMENTS? WUT?
That's right. Steam now has the capability to secure achievements from being managed. Naturally this means you can't unlock them. Good for them. 

Will I get banned for using this?
Improbable.

My achievements were reset!
Use the tool again? (Valve hasn't reset achievements since the original medic pack release)

The Announcer (hurr) took away my unlocked weapons!
OH NOES (I don't care).

Spacewar?
It's a sample game to demonstrate SteamWorks API to developers.

CHEATING! HACKING! EARN IT OMG! PLAY ON ACHIEVEMENT MAPS! YOU SUCK! ARRRRRRGGGGGHHH!
That wasn't a question.

Troubleshooting
Some games show IDs instead of names for achievements such as TF_KILL_NEMESIS

You're probably talking about Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, and Team Fortress 2. These games had achievements before the system for achievements was really nailed down in a standard way, so some achievements do not get translated text from Steam, they get the IDs instead. This is a bug in Steam that simply hasn't been fixed because it's such a low issue that doesn't occur normally.
This has been fixed.

'generic error' (error #2)
You don't own the game or the game does not have achievements. If you or it really does, restart Steam and see if the issue clears up.

Access Violation! BUH?!
Contact me through either SA or FP so I can work the issue out with you.

I WAS VAC BANNED
Dumbass.
  • Upvote 10

Nocturnal

One thing to before using this is make sure you don't have a VAC enabled game running, since it can increase your chances of getting VAC banned. Also in some rare cases if you re-lock your achievements or edit the game values, your steam may freeze, or crash. 

• Upvote 1

johndoe14

I say this often on forums and other places around the interwebs: if you are dumb enough to get banned then perhaps that ban is justified. Why the f :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  would you use this on a VAC game anyway? Half Life 2 comes immediatly to mind as a game I might use this in but Half Life 2: Team Deathmatch? Why would you do that?

PP works amazingly for the one game that has a crud-load of achievements that really aren't worthwhile and actually have good payouts to them. Though I can see myself using this for a few games... thanks 'Cap.

• Upvote 1

andrewscool101

As far as I'm aware, this is 100% safe as long as no VAC secure games are running while you are using it.

Basically; just ensure no games are running for good measure and you're good.

I've used it to unlock achievements; but never to re-lock achievements, not sure how that works.

• Upvote 2

loulsous

Hey,

I'm new here and I just wanted to thank you for SAM, it's really amazing!

Oh and it does not seem to work with 3dmark so there's that =)

• Upvote 2

Clone

whats a vac game?

A Valve Anti-cheat secured game. If you are banned in this game you are VAC banned. 

Physgun

The download link doesn't seem to work for me.

(Windows 10)

(Chrome), I tried the other browsers

Davy Jones

The download link doesn't seem to work for me.

The link redirects to this page, and since there's a link that goes to the blog where it is actually hosted JUST above the one you tried... you could try that link.

• Upvote 1

DeathWishGaming1

Hello i'm running windows 10 and it gives me a error saying to open steam but i already have steam open, can you please help me fix this?

_Jhonson_

How can you see if you already have Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5?

Araytha
1 hour ago, _Jhonson_ said:

How can you see if you already have Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5?

Just run the program, if you have it installed already it will load fine. If it doesn't load, then it will come up with an error saying you do not have it installed.