PirateCaptain

Cheatengine
Description and resources

8 posts in this topic

Description:
Cheat Engine is an open source tool designed to help you with modifying single player games running under window so you can make them harder or easier depending on your preference(e.g: Find that 100hp is too easy, try playing a game with a max of 1 HP), but also contains other usefull tools to help debugging games and even normal applications.

It comes with a memory scanner to quickly scan for variables used within a game and allow you to change them, but it also comes with a debugger, disassembler, assembler, speedhack, trainer maker, direct 3D manipulation tools, system inspection tools and more.

For new users it is recommended to go through the tutorial(The one that comes with Cheat Engine, you can find it in your programs list after installing) and at least reach step 5 for basic understanding of the usage of Cheat Engine

If you need help on Cheat Engine , you can always contact me at [email protected] , msn supported as well(don't ask about online games, I don't know anything about that)
Or on irc: server: irc.p2p-network.net channel: #cef (Web-based irc)

Note: It will most likely not work on online games, so don't bother asking me that
Local Cheat Engine WIKI

Note that since cheat engine is open source, everyone is welcome to contribute to the project. Contact [email protected] for more information about helping.

Resources:
Please login or register to see this link.

CheatEngine is great for a heck of a lot of games, far beyond the typical usage most of the 9-year-olds are currently using on YouTube to SET THEIR MONEY HIGHER XDDDD. Shame that a few games don't support it very well but for the most part the versatility of this software is great. And it's free, like PP. If the PP and CheatEngine team worked together to build some kind of LUA from Pirate Perfection into the complex engine that is CheatEngine I would use the s :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  out of it... but maybe that's just me.

CheatEngine is great for a heck of a lot of games, far beyond the typical usage most of the 9-year-olds are currently using on YouTube to SET THEIR MONEY HIGHER XDDDD. Shame that a few games don't support it very well but for the most part the versatility of this software is great.

Gotta start somewhere, and the best way isn't always YouTube XD

If the PP and CheatEngine team worked together to build some kind of LUA from Pirate Perfection into the complex engine that is CheatEngine I would use the s*censored* out of it... but maybe that's just me.

Honestly can't say I'd want something like that. In my mind, CE's pretty much out of date and only good with flash games now-a-days (or at least, up until a certain point in time). Plus, not to mention, CE's LUA functions (from what I've witness first-hand), isn't anything very noteworthy of. I've could of missed something, but most of CE's LUA functions, you could get a LUA code sorter program, LUA function manual and a trainer maker or something, and do yourself. Hell, MS' Notepad is more noteworthy to a degree, lol.

It's good but for most games from2014doesn't work.

That's not surprising, considering 64-bit exe's have protection, compared to 32-bit. Not to mention a little memory editing now-a-days is a MASSIVE bannable offence to some companys...

There's always a way to hack a game keep that in mind matey!

If there isn't a way in public, there's more than likely a way in private. Otherwise, time to start finding those ways and making the hacks yourself ;)

Actually if you want to cheat in online games with CE you should have an UCE (undetected cheat engine) (you should get this from get the ressources and change one, two, three things and compile it) and then you have to find out whiche values get handled clientsided (like in metin 2 some values like your speed) and then change em.

if you havent an derp anticheat like in metin 2 (like if you want to cheat in Combat Arms or sth. like that) be aware of bans. 

with kind regards Sanguin

ahhhh cheat engine , we have spent so many long nites together....if this program had its own pop vinyl i would buy it in a heart beat and never open it and admire it on my shelf...even better if it had its own plusie i would hold it and at times spill beer on it till it tears at the seams, god i love this program

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor