Sign in to follow this  
PirateCaptain

Current project - New splashpage

PirateCaptain

I really like our forum, but nice as it might be it's not really the perfect website just yet.

We were at one point making a templete for a splashpage to greet users better than just instantly entering a forum.

The splashpage contained the following elements:

1. A popup javascript that shows people twitching on Please login or register to see this link. , if it was inactive it would be collapsed/invisible, but if someone is streaming for us it pops up filling the upper part of the splashpage.
  2. Links to all our important sections, the forum, download area, twitter, facebook, teamspeak link, blog, videosection and the gallery.
  3. The website should be optimised to load fast, no heavy gfx, Asrien might be able to cook up some progressive pix to make loadtime even faster.
  4. Our logo
  5. Chat function if it can fit nicely
  6. User testements using some of our great feedback as insurance to new users, that we are not just another poorly made trainer site.
  7. You ideas?

Curently we are sell set to do this right, we have a bit of money in the bank, and our servers and domains are secured.

We could rent a new and better server to create everything on, while normal operations will continue smoothly, this way we can make a clean transit when we are happy with the new setup

Also:

We have set money aside to buy the new Invision forum software v4 when it is released, bringing us in the lead with state of the art forum software.

Would you like to be in on this project, if yes which parts would you be able to take on your shoulders?

....looking at Please login or register to see this link. , you will be first active player on this together with Please login or register to see this link. who is learning linux management in his current education, full control of the server will be shared among you, and I'll control the host admin panel as a safety precaution. :D

VERY rough draft

Please login or register to see this link. in hope of finding some skilled html coders for this project

PirateCaptain

This entirely a custom website, or is it modified wordpress? Or modified Enjin?

our own custom website on our own server, no template building here  :)

• Upvote 1

PirateCaptain

Okay, I do not have much experience in web code, but I do run my schools website, It mostly depends on what I can do after I finish the video, which will take me between 1-2 weeks.

No rush, I still have not found the template, i did a horrible backup just before becoming a hobo and still trying to sort shit out lol

Also the new server is not setup yet, so we are not in any hurry.

PirateCaptain

Made a rough draft of how i invision the splash page, and added it to first post

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this