commanderfluffles

Thoughts on overkill DLC

commanderfluffles

Hello fellow pirates

So the new dlc has hit the steam page and they are calling it "The hype train"

So i wanna know what are your thoughts on it? for me it pisses me off because im fucking done with all this shitty money grabbing and it annoys me about how the overprice things that should be free!

So anyone else planning on stealing the dlc? 

• Upvote 2

darkzone

Hello fellow pirates

So the new dlc has hit the steam page and they are calling it "The hype train"

So i wanna know what are your thoughts on it? for me it pisses me off because im fucking done with all this shitty money grabbing and it annoys me about how the overprice things that should be free!

So anyone else planning on stealing the dlc? 

Iam a pirate so why not... - could u link the steam page matey? i wanna see this !. U are right with the overprice but not everything can be free... Also a new DLC i can't wait!

:pirateflag01: :pirateflag01: :pirateflag01: :pirateflag01:

commanderfluffles

Iam a pirate so why not... - could u link the steam page matey? i wanna see this !. U are right with the overprice but not everything can be free... Also a new DLC i can't wait!

:pirateflag01: :pirateflag01: :pirateflag01: :pirateflag01:

You should be able to see my comment "No good trailer started with the words DLC"

darkzone

Hoxton Revenge Heist
There are plenty of rewards available for the most discerning heisters. How about a Mod Pack, unlocking many new weapon modifications for the collector in your gang? Or maybe you’re eager to find out who framed Hoxton? Make sure we reach that destination to find out in the Hoxton Revenge Heist.

Spring Break
Between 13-21 March we will host the Spring Break event where we give away all the free stuff that was unlocked during the Hype Train event. Just like during the Crimefest event last year, one new thing will be released each day.

commanderfluffles

Things could have been cheaper lolz..

Indeed its why i can steal their dlc and not loose a minutes sleep of it

oh and cut this "Sir" stuff im just a dude on the internet theres no need to give me special treatment 

darkzone

I'm less of a pirate more like robin hood 

Every town
Has its ups and down
Sometime ups
Outnumber the downs

But not in Nottingham
I'm inclined to believe
If we were so down
We'd up and leave

We'd up and fly if we had wings for flyin'
Can't you see the tears we're cryin'?
Can't there be some happiness for me?
Not in Nottingham...

Robin Hood

commanderfluffles
Every town
Has its ups and down
Sometime ups
Outnumber the downs

But not in Nottingham
I'm inclined to believe
If we were so down
We'd up and leave

We'd up and fly if we had wings for flyin'
Can't you see the tears we're cryin'?
Can't there be some happiness for me?
Not in Nottingham...

Robin Hood

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I HAVE A GUN GET THE FUCK DOWN AND GIVE ME YOUR MONEY

Someguy460

U are right with the overprice but not everything can be free

This community has proven the opposite.

commanderfluffles

This community has proven the opposite.

Agreed i remember when i brought a game and unlocked things not paid for them 

The HiVE

Now, I'm not defending OVERKILL on it's pricekill, nor is there any offense intended in any way but... You lot (not including, Rank) seem to have not realised that times change, and now-a-days, thanks to how much DLC has blown up in general (mainly thanks to MicroSoft) and that it's the easier form of making money once you've 'finished' making a game. With a blown up market, comes mass producing and overpricing, regardless of how good or bad the product is, which has lead to now-a-days over-the-top costing DLC for some games.

There'll always be those with the money and the mind to toss said money away for things that doesn't exist past a few pixels and stored with a few binary digits. That's how DLC has become to overblown in quite a few games, not to mention there's no rule to say that you can't release a DLC that had just an hour of work put into it, for three times the cost of the base game (at least as far as I know).

No matter what, there's often just enough people paying for the overpriced DLC, to keep devs in the mindset of 'a few things for big bucks'. A prime (although not entirely the same) example of said mindset, would be Anarchy Online; this MMO has been around for a lot longer than WoW and it has just the right amount of people paying for cash items and subscriptions/giving the devs their money to keep it alive from now and into the future.

If this didn't make anyone think for a second, I'll just end it with this; Dev's gotta make money, regardless of how much the person/people buying the game or DLC cares about it not being overpriced.

And on a side note; who knew one day I'd be defending OVERKILL, in some way... I seriously must be dying or something...

commanderfluffles

Now, I'm not defending OVERKILL on it's pricekill, nor is there any offense intended in any way but... You lot (not including, Rank) seem to have not realised that times change, and now-a-days, thanks to how much DLC has blown up in general (mainly thanks to MicroSoft) and that it's the easier form of making money once you've 'finished' making a game. With a blown up market, comes mass producing and overpricing, regardless of how good or bad the product is, which has lead to now-a-days over-the-top costing DLC for some games.

There'll always be those with the money and the mind to toss said money away for things that doesn't exist past a few pixels and stored with a few binary digits. That's how DLC has become to overblown in quite a few games, not to mention there's no rule to say that you can't release a DLC that had just an hour of work put into it, for three times the cost of the base game (at least as far as I know).

No matter what, there's often just enough people paying for the overpriced DLC, to keep devs in the mindset of 'a few things for big bucks'. A prime (although not entirely the same) example of said mindset, would be Anarchy Online; this MMO has been around for a lot longer than WoW and it has just the right amount of people paying for cash items and subscriptions/giving the devs their money to keep it alive from now and into the future.

If this didn't make anyone think for a second, I'll just end it with this; Dev's gotta make money, regardless of how much the person/people buying the game or DLC cares about it not being overpriced.

And on a side note; who knew one day I'd be defending OVERKILL, in some way... I seriously must be dying or something...

Please login or register to see this link.

The HiVE

Please login or register to see this link.

I know I did, but at least it wasn't the plot for the Great Gatsby, 'cause if it was, ya'll be FUBAR'd, lol.

• Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.