The HiVE

Thoughts on possible PP CS:GO Tournament(s)

The HiVE

Yeah yeah, I know it's still pretty damn young, lol. But, that doesn't exactly deprive a tourny from being hosted, so with that I was wondering what others would think of this idea.

Of course, everyone's free to comment with however much insane baloney about why or why not;

• Tournament(s) should be hosted.
  • It should be a causal kick back with friends or proper, in-house-esq tournaments (limited to PP.C mems).
  • -What the prize(s) should be rewarded, if the latter.
  • Which gamemodes.
  • -Which maps.
  • Most importantly; how many people would possibly join the tournament(s), and...
  • Who would be in charge of said tournament(s).
  • How fast this will blow up and turn into another failed attempted at an event, by me. (Well, first time on here, but still. I reserve the right solely to this, thank you!)

I myself have a few good ideas (this is namely the reason why I'm posting this right now), but I wanted to see if others would be willing to share their thoughts and if they'd join in, if time permits them.

Cheers in advance, future posters. After a week of letting this rot, I'll go thru all the comments and post my opinion of said comments and work from there.

Edited by The HiVE

commanderfluffles

Yeah yeah, I know it's still pretty damn young, lol. But, that doesn't exactly deprive a tourny from being hosted, so with that I was wondering what others would think of this idea. Of course, your free to comment with however much insane baloney about why or why not, a tournament should be hosted, what the prize should be, which maps and gamemodes, and most importantly; how many people would join the tournament as opposed to not joining in, and who would be in charge of said tournament(s).

I myself have a few good ideas (this is namely the reason why I'm posting this right now), but I wanted to see if others would be willing to share their thoughts and if they'd join in, if time permits them.

I would say no

the fact is that pirate perfection is a cheating tool meaning when you put it into a competitive format that destroys the fact of cheating make it pointless to have a non cheating server run by a famous cheating tool  

• Upvote 1

The HiVE

Edited the post, probs going to re-write it shortly for better wording/more information (depending on if you can stomach another wall from me, lol). Re-worded and what-not, now just to wait until a week's past.

-Snip-

Cheers for sharing your thoughts on the manner, commanderfluffles.

Edited by The HiVE

PirateCaptain

I like it too.

Our gameservers are not allowing cheats normally, unless one of the admins is having some fun and games with the players its allways normal play.

Who want/should be primus motor on this and arrange it?

• Upvote 1

The HiVE

Just a head's up people, don't forget to cast your comment on here, because the more comments for and against, or even just tid bits of info or mentioning you'd join in, the better it can be judged as to whether or not to go through with a "tournament". Plus, the comments end up being more important to certain people, than you might think.

And hell, this is about the possibility of hosting a tournament in the future, not directly right on the post, so there'll still be time prior to a tourny for ideas and what-not, to be posted on here;

- The HiVE

EDIT: Removed middle line. Wish I could mark this as "Solved" without the solve tag popping up in front of the thread name.

Edited by The HiVE

The HiVE

Okay! 24 or so hours late with this! ^.^; This happens when you show for the night and hide from the day, thanks to a busted sleep cycle... But regardless. Spoilers 'cause, much text, plus keeping the thread cleaner, lol.

My thoughts go out with Capt' and rank, it might be from a (in)famous but that doesn't mean we'll cheat at any and every game (Jesus, last I remember, Capt' actually supports HoxHUD to a degree, could be wrong now-a-days however).

I'll admit, I was surprised to check the server information and find out it had VAC enabled, but then again, it's not like hacks are being dev'd for Source engine games, so there's that and the fact you don't get drops from non-VAC enabled servers, but regardless.

Like rank said, the community is pretty 'well knit', so I don't see there being a problem hosting a few fun matches or even stick a few people on one team and have them fight three other teams in a set order of Team vs. Team, to see who's the best team. Might make a few grudges with the latter, but hey just a casual game can make grudges happen, that's PvP and PvE for ya.

So this might seem like I'm throwing a burnable fuel can onto a barbie, but that ain't the case.

I -REALLY- don't see how that hosting something competitive "destroys the fact of cheating", I mean seriously, have you seen some of the lastest news about CS:GO? There's been bans from actual, proper tournaments for cheating and a team that's been pretty much banned for their members fixing matches... If anything, regardless of how a server is hosted and what it's background is, being competitive doesn't mean people WON'T cheat in any way.

Hell, I used to be in a clan that used to have hacks at the ready to LOL at any hackers that showed up and proved they were using hacks, hell even I had hacks at the ready (although, rarely needed them), and that wasn't on a cheat-protected server, yet we still had scrim matches and junk. One time, we even went against another clan that was well known hackers, jesus that was fun as hell, even if I was playing mostly legit for massive shits and giggles, lol.

If anything, it seems you simply don't know that cheating is cheating, regardless of what enviroment it's in. Competitive gamers playing legit or kick back with mates who've teamed up to take down the friend using a aimbot hack, doesn't matter either way, but they're both a competitive way of playing. Hacks, cheats, exploits, legit, protected or unprotected, taking someone down is competitive gaming.

I could be wrong on your comment and just wasted my time typing this, but 'ey, this is how I read it; Cheaters =/= Competitive Gamers.

As for who's gonna run this kind of stuff...

Well, I've got a few ideas, buuuuuuuuuuut, most of them are far too busy with other stuff. Unless someone steps forward and asks the PP.C Staff or myself if they can 'host' the tournaments on the server... Well, there's me, but I'm pretty damn sure some would prefer I didn't do such, XD.

Guess it mainly boils down to three things, someone who'll make sure it's fun, someone having enough time to get it all set up, and having a good enough rep (or bad enough personality) for people to show up to join in on the fun. Hmm, thinking of people showing up, there's also the third thing; having a good sense of time, for when to host said tournament for the most possible players.

Considering you've made a poll about the mapcycle Capt', that somewhat does take out a couple of questions :me:

Although if anything, I reckon it should start off as small amounts of peeps, having some fun and when the community gets further engaged and more CS:GO players show up, also wanting to join in on the events, than maybe set up a proper tourny or two. Heck, we don't even really need to start it off, just grab a few friends and populate the server. But than again, there's always that daunting haunt of being the only player, lol...

Regardless, cheers for the comments lads (yes, even you Commandfluffles), hopefully this will take off a bit and do some growing.

• Upvote 1

Rella

Is it possible to second this Idea? (I may be late)

But it would be cool to see the community having fun, and what not. Like what Cap'n and rank said... (i think)

and maybe/possibly more tournaments in the near future?

Edited by Rella
  • Upvote 1

The HiVE

Is it possible to second this Idea? (I may be late)

But it would be cool to see the community having fun, and what not. Like what Cap'n and rank said... (i think)

and maybe/possibly more tournaments in the near future?

Ya ain't late, Rella :me:

I won't be closing this thread any time soon either, so everyone can still post away on here, :cute:

One of the reasons I decided to post this thread, was namely because I wanted to see the community having fun together (even tho', this probs got lost somewhere in my comments thanks to my horrid wording style, XD). Still gotta find a dedicated tourny head, otherwise I don't see the harm in the PP Steam Group hosting an event or two, in a while's time, every so oft' (And not TriReaper Stream oft', no offence intended, TriReaper and Co.).

• Upvote 2

Rella

Ya ain't late, Rella :me:

I won't be closing this thread any time soon either, so everyone can still post away on here, :cute:

One of the reasons I decided to post this thread, was namely because I wanted to see the community having fun together (even tho', this probs got lost somewhere in my comments thanks to my horrid wording style, XD). Still gotta find a dedicated tourny head, otherwise I don't see the harm in the PP Steam Group hosting an event or two, in a while's time, every so oft' (And not TriReaper Stream oft', no offence intended, TriReaper and Co.).

Well if I get CS:Go I could help showcase the event(I stream too), but sadly I don't have the game... Maybe Ducky or Tri can gladly do so to stream, I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Also your writing isn't that bad.. c:

(I may have gone a little bit off topic) but..

Rella

"...Still gotta find a dedicated tourny head..."

And what does this mean? Sorry its like 3 am here.. cant process thoughts.

The HiVE

Well if I get CS:Go I could help showcase the event(I stream too), but sadly I don't have the game... Maybe Ducky or Tri can gladly do so to stream, I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Also your writing isn't that bad.. c:

(I may have gone a little bit off topic) but..

Don't worry about it, your more on topic than off topic, considering it's to do with promoting the future bash-ups/tournaments. It is a good idea to have Ducky or TriReaper streaming, but it depends on them. Plus, as it's only just comments on a thread (as far as I know), so far I don't think it'd be too much of a good idea to message them about such, considering well, I started this sentence off with it, lol. At a later date when this is more organised.

And please, don't get CS:GO, if you don't want to. I'd much rather have someone spend money on something worth it than on an attempt at something that'll possibly fall flat :cute:

"...Still gotta find a dedicated tourny head..."

And what does this mean? Sorry its like 3 am here.. cant process thoughts.

Well, mainly someone who'll message around PP.C, seeing who'd be up for it at a chosen time (or their chosen time) and from such, work out from there when the best/a good time and date would be to run the event/tournament. They select the gamemodes, teams and which team will face with team. Basically someone who'll manage the event/tournament and tries to get the most fun out of it for everyone.

Stuff I tend not to do, considering I don't want to bug anyone more than I do, just by posting on the forums, ^.^; Kind of a shame there's no proper FFA mode, would of been another thing to add to the chaos, but I digress. Hopefully I didn't confuse you more, lol.

Edited by The HiVE

Rella

Don't worry about it, your more on topic than off topic, considering it's to do with promoting the future bash-ups/tournaments. It is a good idea to have Ducky or TriReaper streaming, but it depends on them. Plus, as it's only just comments on a thread (as far as I know), so far I don't think it'd be too much of a good idea to message them about such, considering well, I started this sentence off with it, lol. At a later date when this is more organised.

And please, don't get CS:GO, if you don't want to. I'd much rather have someone spend money on something worth it than on an attempt at something that'll possibly fall flat :cute:

Well, mainly someone who'll message around PP.C, seeing who'd be up for it at a chosen time (or their chosen time) and from such, work out from there when the best/a good time and date would be to run the event/tournament. They select the gamemodes, teams and which team will face with team. Basically someone who'll manage the event/tournament and tries to get the most fun out of it for everyone.

Stuff I tend not to do, considering I don't want to bug anyone more than I do, just by posting on the forums, ^.^; Kind of a shame there's no proper FFA mode, would of been another thing to add to the chaos, but I digress. Hopefully I didn't confuse you more, lol.

No, I read it all, and i know what you mean now. Thanks for simpling it down a little :3

• Upvote 1

The HiVE

So! This topic hasn't actually been forgotten, nah. In fact it's been roasting in the back of my mind, so in light of that! How about we start a damn Bash-UP!?

From what I've learnt from past attempts at hosting events and stuff, the best time to host a tournament is... NEVER! Nope seriously, in dark of that, some time early June (no, not late May, nor middle June... Early June), the first PiratePerfection Bash-UP will happen. Yes, on the PP server. Don't worry, I'll be joining in, even with my -near- 500 ping lol, so don't get hung-up on that minor detailing. It'll namely be kickin' back and just having fun with fellow crew(wo)men, so don't let ping or a death streak (like I'll more than likely get) pull you from the fun.

I'm not gonna ask peeps to do the simple favour of messaging me/commenting below the date(s) they'd prefer and generally what time they'll most likely be able to join (not to mention their timezone, just so I know how to plan the timing better). See the above paragraph's beginning if you want a single and dominant reason; why not.

I've still to pick the date (some time between the 1st and 10th of June), not to mention the time (although, I'm somewhat willing to go for 12 odd hours, buuuuut I don't think I'll play CS:GO for that long (spectatorship FTW! Lol), but dispite that, I'll post a time/date/whatever later on when it's closer to June. More than likely mid or early May, if not late May it be! Lol...

I'd post an event on Steam, once I've offically settled on what day it'll be, but I don't have group permissions and/or the blessings of someone else to. I will be making a new thread, so that way when it's hosted and stuff, doesn't get lost in this thread and the mucho walls of text and repeated dialouge.

And one of the more important things, these Bash-UP's are meant for fun and screwing about, not serious competitive actions (unless you want to bring your A-Game feel free to, but just be aware that not everyone has fun being killed 30 times in a row). Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if there was randoms joining mid-way and what-not, so can't really control that stuff, but regardless! Fun don't equal anger, frustraction and hatred to masses of people.

If your down for kickin' it back and chillin' with fellow crewdogs, jump on the TS serv, even if you don't have CS:GO or can't/won't play it. As it usually goes (with the right mood of course), the more peeps, the more fun, the more laughs, whether it'd be at or with someone.
Hope to see ya'll at the party and be havin' fun. Don't let the camera turn your real self away from the fun, if any do show up lol.

TL;DR: Bash-UP pending -> Early June (1st-10th). Offical date coming in early/mid May. Jump on the TS, even if you don't have CS:GO and just wanna have some fun on the chosen day. And most importantly; Fun =/= Grudges/Anger/Frustration. Unless your into that kinda thing... Just ah, try not to be so vocal about it, yeah...?

Edited by The HiVE
  • Upvote 2

DolphinSUX

I'm so late on finding this xD I +1 the Idea :L

PirateCaptain

that is an excellent idea, members of the counterstrike group could compete for prizes.. 

• Upvote 1

Sanguin
20 minutes ago, PirateCaptain said:

that is an excellent idea, members of the counterstrike group could compete for prizes.. 

That would be another hvh dedicated tourny then which could be hosted monthly or so and the winner gets another month or so. But gotta write then a costum competitive version of the hack which back checks with a server plugin to actually see that the guy is ONLY using our trainer

PirateCaptain

invite only, passworded.. we can just move this post to the csgo forum

Sanguin
6 minutes ago, PirateCaptain said:

invite only, passworded.. we can just move this post to the csgo forum

Still ppl could use other cheats to gain an advantage

• Upvote 1

Rella
On 1/1/2017 at 2:25 PM, Sanguin said:

Still ppl could use other cheats to gain an advantage

This right here is true.

Baddog-11

but that would mean that there are better cheats out there D:
or how should someone gain more advantage ?

PirateCaptain
1 hour ago, Baddog-11 said:

but that would mean that there are better cheats out there D:
or how should someone gain more advantage ?

shax is not finished yet, and other trainer has other options still