AltQQ

Hotkey for toggling waypoints

AltQQ

It would be really nice to configure waypoints in the Numpad 0 menu, then be able to simply hit a hotkey to show/hide the configured waypoints. It's annoying to have to press Numpad 9 and go to uncheck/check an option to toggle waypoints, especially in the middle of an assault.

ProdigyThirteen

# 2   Posted (edited)

Adding this in yourself would be pretty straight forward
Copy the format of some other hotkey (heal for example) and paste it anywhere (I'd say wherever the code for the waypoint is just in case it relies on something else)
Copy the waypoint code and replace the output of whatever you took before
Change the keybind to numpad 0 (You'll have to find what the number is for numpad 0)
Test it

(This would confuse me, so I'll try and do an example when I get the time)

Edited by ProdigyThirteen

Sanguin

Soooooo what exactly do you want...
just a script that toggled a function...
so what function should be be toggled...
and where do you found it in the menu
if u give me these infos i could give it a look.

ProdigyThirteen

As it stands, PP is broken and no longer works for me. Otherwise I'd be able to test it myself.
Try adding this line of text to 'keyconfig.lua' where it fits in (You'll see what I mean)

['num 0'] = { script = 'trainer/addons/missionmenu/waypoints' },

OR

['num 0'] = { script = 'trainer/addons/missionmenu/waypoints, ig_chat = true, no_stuck = true },

Not sure if either will work, but they should.

Davy Jones

Sorry ProdigyThirteen, but that won't work. The waypoint script is a plugin, therefore it is handled by the functions put into PP for plugins. The two ways of fixing this would be to configure the keybind to execute the code used to start plugins, or to copy the waypoint script and change it to a toggled variable 'if' statement of times before. Exchanging the code to toggle a variable in an 'if' statement is relatively easy, but keeping it a plugin would be easier, however I don't know the plugin system as well as I should.

AltQQ

Alright, well this seems to be veering into actual coding territory instead of just copy-pasting and modifying. I don't know how to code, so will anyone kindly try what AidenP suggested? I would greatly appreciate it!

Davy Jones

As to not flood this page, I'll send you a message on the forum AltQQ with my temporary solution. If you have a problem or wish for the other solution, post here instead of me directly so everyone can see it and assist you as soon as possible.

AltQQ

Hmm, I followed the instructions in the message to the letter, but the script doesn't seem to work. It doesn't seem to have any effect on the game at all when I press the hotkey, and "toggle objects waypointing" still works normally via the Numpad 9 menu (not that I expected it not to, but I figured this info might help).

I do appreciate the help though!