Davy Jones

BLT: CSE - Without The Trans Fat (For Pirate Perfection)

Davy Jones

BLT: CSE - Without The Trans Fat
(Compatibility Tweak for Pirate Perfection)

A fellow Pirate, DatSwaggyGamerPPP2, has run into a problem that I attempted to assist him with, the unfortunate combination of Windows 8, needing the Alternate IPHLPAPI.dll, and wanting to use BLT mods with Pirate Perfection.  However, the setup left it so only one mod would work at a time, so a choice had to be made...
Choose between Pirate Perfection or BLT...  I wasn't going to let that happen...

This is for those who are forced to use the alternate IPHLPAPI.dll, hate dual-hooking, despise those who package Lua files into DLLs, or if you cannot get both BLT: CSE and Pirate Perfection to run on your setup.

Thank you DatSwaggyGamerPPP2, for being the sole tester and guinea pig for my terrible coding.

Step One (Downloads):  Assuming you've got Pirate Perfection installed and working, you're going to need 2 files:

1. BLT: CSE zip at:  Please login or register to see this link.
  2. My Tweak zip at:  BLT CSE Without The Trans Fat.zip

(If you are unable to download any of my files, ask me respectfully, and I'll provide directly, do not post about it.)

Step Two (Install):  Now that you have everything you need, install is simple, take the 'mods' folder from BLT: CSE, and the two files from My Tweak zip ('BLT_CSE_fix.lua' and 'PD2Hook.yml') and drop them into the your 'PAYDAY 2' folder, and let your computer replace the 'PD2Hook.yml' file.  (If you have pre-existing modification to 'PD2Hook.yml', you will need to compare yours and this one.)
For those more visual:

Install_BLT_CSE_wo_TF.thumb.png.5f8e7730

Step Three (Usage):  Simply install other BLT / CSE mods as you usually would.
For those using the IPHLPAPI.dll -ALTERNATE file and wish to use HoxHud, use the '
IPHLPAPI.dll' that comes with Pirate Perfection, BLT / CSE seems to fix the startup crashes caused by the original '.dll'.
(Excluding the comment above, if a mod contains an '
IPHLPAPI.dll' in the main folder of the mod, do NOT replace your current 'IPHLPAPI.dll' with it, leave the '.dll' files alone.)

Notes:

1. Automatic Updating is temporarily disabled, as I have yet to configure it.
  2. If at any time you experience something that you deem as a bug or broken feature while using this fix, report to me first, not the developer of the mod or BLT/CSE, as it will probably be because of this fix not including some implementation.
  3. If you do have a bug, read through the thread, posting multiple times will not make me work on it faster, only move it to the bottom of my list.

Update Log:

• Forced console to stay open to prevent minimizing to desktop on heist changes, thanks BLT
  • Added 'lib' mod support, I did actually see your votes, you know who you 4 are
  • Added 'DirectoryExists' function, direct hand-holding for HoloHud checking for HoxHud and PDTH Hud
  • Upvote 9
  • Bullshit 1

DatSwaggyGamerPPP2

Hey Aiden so every time I Launch the game or enter or exit a mission the game goes to taskbar and the cmd.exe opens and closes about 6 times and I have to click the PD2 logo on the taskbar to keep playing the game, how do I fix this

Davy Jones

Thanks clone1716.

Also...
* Another Update:  Added 'lib' mod support!  If your mod has a replacement 'IPHLPAPI.dll' file, do not replace the one you currently have with the one the mod provides, this whole thread is to replace those other '.dll' files.

I don't do a whole lot with mods, as my PP files are a mess of my own, so if for some reason you can't get a mod to work, link me to it please.

DatSwaggyGamerPPP2

Hey Aiden so Your tweak is still working great! So I wanted to Use PocoHud but it replaces the .dll file. So do i just not install the .dll file the mod gives or i cant use the mod. Please answer when ever you have chance.

Davy Jones

Since PocoHud is a 'lib' mod, you only move the 'lib' and 'poco' folder that PocoHud provides, you don't want to change the '.dll' you already have if a mod gives you one, as this tweak provides the solution to enabling it.

Clone

Hey Aiden I hope you don't mind (If you do il remove it), but I linked your fix into my original post to help people :D

DatSwaggyGamerPPP2

Hey Aiden, so I installed HoxHud and for some reason it doesnt work.

Mods i have installed are

Your Tweak

Pirate Perfection Reborn v0.99

PocoHud3

GoonMod

Is any of these mods conflicting with that? I kept all your fix files in the game but im not sure.

AHITMAN

New here....nice mods.

Edit: how can i download "my tweak.zip" giving me.an error dat i am not authorised, guessing because am new...but was able to download the one above that.

Edited by AHITMAN
Needed some info

AHITMAN

very nice trainer...love the work and effort you guys put into this....best so far...and this is because its the regular version...could only imagine the pro and premium...

dejitaru

New here....nice mods.

Edit: how can i download "my tweak.zip" giving me.an error dat i am not authorised, guessing because am new...but was able to download the one above that.

For anyone else having this issue I'm guessing from what I've read a few are, both here and elsewhere. Make sure your e-mail is validated (via the FAQ, tho no option I seen to make sure it was) and have at least one post. No idea if does fix it since this is my first one but eh.

Edit: Seems to have not worked, wonder what the actual issue is...

Edited by dejitaru
Extra info

Davy Jones

Edit: Seems to have not worked, wonder what the actual issue is...

I believe it is a mix between: if validated and post count of at least one, start an anti-bot countdown.  After the countdown is up, then allow them to download links other than the direct Downloads section, but that's just from what I've seen.  But as I've added in the first post under the downloads, if people come directly to me, I'll handle getting them the files for any of my things.

• Upvote 2

SomeAsianDude

I started with just Pay Day 2 and working PP v99, I followed the instructions and then game crashes? I get an NVAPI error?

I'm using the PP .dll file and not the alternative like instructions say.

Crash log: Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by SomeAsianDude

Clone

I started with just Pay Day 2 and working PP v99, I followed the instructions and then game crashes? I get an NVAPI error?

try to run pd2 aS admin

Rella

Since I have been gone for a while... What is BLT?

Davy Jones

Despite the hub-bub that BLT brought when it first came out, it just loads a bunch of files within a specific folder and checks for certain formats, so that instead of installing mods by way of copy and pasting code, you drag and drop folders.  It's basically a toolbox for people who want to make / use mods, as opposed to people making 18 versions of fairly the same code to do the same thing, you pretty much only need to write what you want to change about the game.  BLT: CSE is BLT except it is loaded through another mean that also allows scripts and packages like Pirate Perfection to load like it does currently, as BLT replaces the '.dll' file that allows the PD2Hook.yml file to work, IE: BLT only played nicely with BLT.

The package above is my fairly 'stupid-simple' attempt to do what BLT does completely, but in a way that both PP will work with it, and nearly any other problem with BLT and other non-BLT packages will work together.  It removes the need for two '.dll' files to be loaded for BLT: CSE, and also makes it completely open, relatively smaller, and will work on any setup (if you've had problems in the past).

Do you mind listing what mods you are using?

Even I get the NVAPI error, it basically means you're not running the game as administrator, and has never caused me any problems, it's more of a notice than error frankly.

If you are using the '.dll' from Pirate Perfection, you're using the '.dll' from BLT: CSE, which pretty much means you have no use for this package, as BLT: CSE and Pirate Perfection will work together for you automatically, unless you have further problems down the line.

Rella

Despite the hub-bub that BLT brought when it first came out, it just loads a bunch of files within a specific folder and checks for certain formats, so that instead of installing mods by way of copy and pasting code, you drag and drop folders.  It's basically a toolbox for people who want to make / use mods, as opposed to people making 18 versions of fairly the same code to do the same thing, you pretty much only need to write what you want to change about the game.  BLT: CSE is BLT except it is loaded through another mean that also allows scripts and packages like Pirate Perfection to load like it does currently, as BLT replaces the '.dll' file that allows the PD2Hook.yml file to work, IE: BLT only played nicely with BLT.

The package above is my fairly 'stupid-simple' attempt to do what BLT does completely, but in a way that both PP will work with it, and nearly any other problem with BLT and other non-BLT packages will work together.  It removes the need for two '.dll' files to be loaded for BLT: CSE, and also makes it completely open, relatively smaller, and will work on any setup (if you've had problems in the past).

Even I get the NVAPI error, it basically means you're not running the game as administrator, and has never caused me any problems, it's more of a notice than error frankly.

If you are using the '.dll' from Pirate Perfection, you're using the '.dll' from BLT: CSE, which pretty much means you have no use for this package, as BLT: CSE and Pirate Perfection will work together for you automatically, unless you have further problems down the line.

Ah, Okay. Thanks for explaining it :)

SomeAsianDude

No I don't mind. I'm using BLT: CSE because on another thread or whatever you mentioned this as being a way to have HoxHud PocoHud and GoonMod simultaneously with PiratePerfection, so I was interested as I can't use HoxHud with PiratePerfection because of the I need the alternative '.dll'.

I installed with a clean PP and then ran the game, it worked (using the provided '.dll'). Then I followed this guide and its instructions and that's when the game is no longer runs correctly. It crashes a bit after start up. I'm trying to get HoxHud with PiratePerfection as well as GoonMod if I can get HoxHud and PiratePerfection to work together first.

• Upvote 1

Davy Jones

No I don't mind. I'm using BLT: CSE because on another thread or whatever you mentioned this as being a way to have HoxHud PocoHud and GoonMod simultaneously with PiratePerfection, so I was interested as I can't use HoxHud with PiratePerfection because of the I need the alternative '.dll'.

I installed with a clean PP and then ran the game, it worked (using the provided '.dll'). Then I followed this guide and its instructions and that's when the game is no longer runs correctly. It crashes a bit after start up. I'm trying to get HoxHud with PiratePerfection as well as GoonMod if I can get HoxHud and PiratePerfection to work together first.

For some reason, I also need the Alternate '.dll' file, but if I have Pirate Perfection and BLT: CSE installed, the crashes go away (I think cause BLT forces the game to load twice, or reloads a small part).  Ignore that you need the Alternate '.dll' for now, and install HoxHud (if they've updated it to work with the newest update, they may have already, I don't keep track), then install Pirate Perfection, and then BLT: CSE.  I don't know if the order is important, but since GoonMod is a BLT mod, it can wait until you get the other 3 pieces to work, but the order I put the mods in makes the most sense in my head based on the small things I've picked up in my own tests.  If it doesn't work, then report back with the crashlog, as then I'd be stumped. :smirate:

• Upvote 2

SomeAsianDude

For some reason, I also need the Alternate '.dll' file, but if I have Pirate Perfection and BLT: CSE installed, the crashes go away (I think cause BLT forces the game to load twice, or reloads a small part).  Ignore that you need the Alternate '.dll' for now, and install HoxHud (if they've updated it to work with the newest update, they may have already, I don't keep track), then install Pirate Perfection, and then BLT: CSE.  I don't know if the order is important, but since GoonMod is a BLT mod, it can wait until you get the other 3 pieces to work, but the order I put the mods in makes the most sense in my head based on the small things I've picked up in my own tests.  If it doesn't work, then report back with the crashlog, as then I'd be stumped. :smirate:

I started with just HoxHud with its '.dll' file and it worked.

Installing PP with HoxHud and trying to run it crashes the game.

Same '.dll' crashlog.

Edited by SomeAsianDude

Davy Jones

I'm deeply sorry, but I'm going to be away from my actual desktop until almost a week from now, so I can't test anything personally.  Your best bet, and only bet until I can get to my desktop, is to try every combination you can think of, and keep track of '.dll' files, as that is what I would ultimately do to find a solution.  Unless you have extra bits laying around from other files, and something is unexpectedly loading, my instructions should have worked, as I suffer from the exact issue that is preventing the combination.  (Just to confirm, you did allow the file moving to replace the IPHLPAPI.dll file from HoxHud, correct?)

SomeAsianDude

I'm deeply sorry, but I'm going to be away from my actual desktop until almost a week from now, so I can't test anything personally.  Your best bet, and only bet until I can get to my desktop, is to try every combination you can think of, and keep track of '.dll' files, as that is what I would ultimately do to find a solution.  Unless you have extra bits laying around from other files, and something is unexpectedly loading, my instructions should have worked, as I suffer from the exact issue that is preventing the combination.  (Just to confirm, you did allow the file moving to replace the IPHLPAPI.dll file from HoxHud, correct?)

Its alright, I let the PP IPHLPAP.dll file to replace the one HoxHud uses and it loads the game but the screen is just infinitely loading. However, when I use the alternative file, game loads fine. BLT is loaded, it says HoxHud is installed however, I cannot access the settings of HoxHud or see the usual HoxHud things like "Fast.net".