Beatz115

Well, I think I MAY have found an exploit in the DLC Unlocker kick....

Beatz115

Alright, so, what I'VE gathered is: if you go online using the DLC weapons that you don't own for the first time (either in a while, or when it's fresh off the oven), you won't get flagged as a cheater. I've done this with the Humble Bundle 4 masks and the Ninja Pack. I actually think that Overkill lets a bot check up on the players after entering, but it needs you to be online in ONE match in order to decode the fact that you are using DLC items you don't own.

Post here if you disagree, or support this little bypass

Davy Jones

OK, your score is 1 of 2.  Your first point being completely true, and the point you missed being tinfoil hattery.  First, yes, you can exploit the system somewhat with certain DLC items, as it can take Overkill an update past the update the DLC was added in to actually add the item to the checks they use to implement the Anti-Cheat.  However, if you play offline, or without other people in the lobby, a notification will not be displayed that you are using illegitimately acquired DLC, as it is more for other clients to know someone else is a cheater, not to tell the cheater they are cheating.

As for the second point, I don't know how you thought that was a thing, but A) the bots do not have any code other than to act as a variant to the police that are on your side, have dialog cues, and can absorb bullets for a long period of time, and B) nothing needs to be decoded online, as the way the DLC check works is:  is this item part of DLC?  Does he/she own the corresponding DLC pack on Steam?  Yes, allow it.  No, follow through with the Anti-Cheat notification and possibly the automatic kick.

• Upvote 1