Davy Jones

The "I Want That" Menu

Davy Jones

The "I Want That" Menu
(It's Just a Coincidence I Have Everyone's Setup, I Swear...)

[OFFICIALLY IN PIRATE PERFECTION!  THIS IS A LEGACY PAGE!]

Ever have that friend or random player that gloats about their mask or "best weapon" and won't stop or say what it's made of?  Teach them.  Ever join a lobby where you've said "I NEED that mask, it's amazing!" but can't be bothered to ask what it is or find out what it's made of?  View it.  Ever go through a heist and absolutely want another player's weapon because of the versatility of it, but the list of modifications is too much to write out?  Craft it.  If you've so much as thought back to any game from one of these questions, this is a must for you.

Thanks go to Sanguin for being the first volunteer in testing the feasibility of this menu!
Thanks also go to BlackReaper for being the second volunteer in testing the finer details!

I Want That Proof.png

Step Three (Usage):  Now that you have it installed, you'll be able to go to the Tools Menu (Numpad + on desktop, Home on laptop setups) in Pirate Perfection and find a new entry named "I Want That" Menu.  After clicking this, you'll be presented with the main screen of this menu, where each player in the Lobby is listed, including yourself.  After this point, the menu will take care of multiple safeguards, preventing you from using certain options if an item contains DLC you do not own, a weapon too high of a level, etc.  After clicking on a name, you'll have access to these following menus and features:

• Mask:  This will be that player's equipped mask
    • Add All Components:  Add all components to your inventory
    • Craft Mask:  Craft the entire mask and place it in your inventory
    • Add Mask:  Add the mask directly to your inventory
    • Add Material:  Add the mask's material to your inventory
    • Add Pattern:  Add the mask's pattern to your inventory
    • Add Color:  Add the mask's color to your inventory
  • Primary:  This will be that player's equipped primary weapon
    • Add All Components:  Add all weapon mods to your inventory
    • Craft Weapon:  Craft the entire mask and place it in your inventory
    • View Stats:  Displays all stats normally in the inventory, as well as additional bonuses
    • Weapon:  Just displays the weapon, since adding the base weapon is pointless
    • Add Mod:  Add each mod to your inventory (One for each mod)
  • Secondary:  This will be that player's equipped primary weapon
    • Same options as Primary

Notes:

1. This menu works both while in a Multiplayer Lobby and mid-heist, however, crafting will be disabled while you're in-game, and re-enabled upon entering the Lobby.
  2. The Craft Mask / Craft Weapon option comes with a built in check system to prevent you from adding the whole thing to your inventory in the event of one of the following being true:
  • You are currently in a heist (May be fixed to work mid-game)
  • You already crafted the item (Renaming the item after crafting will allow you to craft it again)
  • You do not have an empty slot in the corresponding inventory category
  • If it is a weapon, the base weapon is:
    • Above your current level
    • Is from DLC you do not have access to
  • For each of the components:
    • One is from an Infamy level you do not have
    • One is from a DLC you do not have access to
    • One is from an achievement you do not have
Edited by Davy Jones
Legacy page
  • Upvote 6

Davy Jones

To not give too much about how in-depth it gets in functionality, let me just say that if it deals with the mask or weapon a player currently has equipped and your own player, it will be yes.

• Upvote 2

Davy Jones

If I participate, will it affect my game and/or PP?

Sorry, but the first volunteer was actually chosen before you posted, just so you know you weren't passed over.  However, there is a second volunteer option to go through all 6 points in the second post.

The first volunteer option was to see if this menu worked on a base level.
The second is to make sure my giant checking system works.

[VOLUNTEERING CLOSED]

Edited by AidenP
  • Upvote 2

ManyFireman

If I participate, will it affect my game and/or PP?

Sorry, but the first volunteer was actually chosen before you posted, just so you know you weren't passed over.  However, there is a second volunteer option to go through all 6 points in the second post.

The first volunteer option was to see if this menu worked on a base level.
The second is to make sure my giant checking system works.

OK, I won't bother now, but thanks :-)

BlackReaper

i can assist if u want but i just make then the requirments u want :)

Davy Jones

(Final Notice Before Release):  Thanks go both to Sanguin, for testing the feasibility of this menu's existence, and BlackReaper, for testing the updated crafting check system, with many other development aspects among them!

Volunteering is now closed, and the entire menu is complete, however, I will stay true to my word, both to the volunteers and other statements released prior to this message.

1. The initial version of the menu will be released at the time given in the first post.
  2. One week after the initial release, this menu will be accessible to Regular ranks.
  3. One week after the Rank move, the update for crafting and stat viewing will be released.

(Admins will have overriding power in any of these decisions)

ThisJazzman

Here is sort of plugin system available in Pirate Perfection, just it isn't documented yet.

Should be simple as adding 1 Lua script to plugins dirrectory with MAIN, UNLOAD, VERSION & NAME global fields setted up. For example of setting up plugin, look at scripts in PP, these have FINALIZE() function called at the end. All user have to configure is to bind key to *specific*.lua script, that scans for plugins and gives you abillity to load them.

Message Simplity or me if you need more information about this.

• Upvote 1

Davy Jones

I would use the plugin system, however, this is still a traditional menu similar to 'allitemsmenu' and the ability of the 'plugins' folder hasn't been fleshed out, as I've tried to use it before on my personal time, but ultimately the user must bind the custom plugins menu to a key, and putting any plugin formatted file in the folder while the menu is bound just pops up the menu at the load screens, which was my first sign it may be still in development.

• Upvote 1

PirateCaptain

The "I Want That" Menu Completed
Now Available For Download!

looks like another piece of art from you, good job :)

• Upvote 1

PirateCaptain

looks like another piece of art from you, good job :)

tumblr_lt0m3dawLn1qiwtzio1_400.gif

prepare for localization if you please ;)

Davy Jones

The "I Want That" Menu Unlocked For Regular
Also Updated!

(Update):  Added the View Stats option for weapons and Craft button to all items.

Unfortunately, due to complications, this was suppose to be released on August 6 for all users, and fully updated on August 13, so rather than going back on my word and moving the dates, I've let the countdowns pass and keep the promises.  Sorry for the delay, enjoy!

• Upvote 1

Davy Jones

One week after the Regular release of Pirate Perfection v1.0 for Payday 2, this page will be deleted.  The "I Want That" Menu has been implemented for all releases of the official package, meaning a page is no longer necessary.  Once this page is gone, you should use the page in the Guide section to see how this works, and use Support if you have any questions or myself directly.

I thank you all for reaching out for this menu, and I will continue to find ways to bring new things to you all.

• Upvote 1

Gunter9000

mine looks nothing like yours and im using notepad++

Davy Jones

Then you're looking in the wrong file or the wrong part of the file.  Look back at the instructions again, and look at line 24, that's where it starts.

Gunter9000

Then you're looking in the wrong file or the wrong part of the file.  Look back at the instructions again, and look at line 24, that's where it starts.

Can you send me a snap shot of what it looks like? 

Edited by Gunter9000

Gunter9000

pls show me i really want this ! 

Davy Jones

pls show me i really want this ! 

Knowing that not everyone knows how to code, I make the instructions as simple as possible, telling you which file to which line, there's nothing that I can show you that I haven't already.  The only way your "trainer / menu / ingame / tools.lua" file does not look at least similar to what I have above is if you're simply not using Pirate Perfection.  This menu is built in to the v1.0 release of Pirate Perfection, so either you can go back to the instructions, or simply wait, as I've said, there's nothing I can show you more than what I've laid out specifically.

BlackReaper

the hack is not working ( dll probs ) and this is based on the hack or better based that the lua works so i think it is not working it will work again if the hack ( mostly the dll ) works again